HUNTINGTON, Ind. - The Adrian College men's and women's outdoor track and field team competed at Huntington University on Saturday. The women's team had eight first-place finishes and set seven personal bests. The men had four first-place finishes and set eight personal bests.
WOMEN'S TOP FINISHERS
• Natalie Modes won the long jump event with a best jump of 4.93 meters. She also finished fourth in the 100-meter dash (12.89) and the 200-meter dash (27.44).
• Takiyah Smith won the 100-meter hurdles with a time of 15.50 as well as finishing second in the high jump (1.50m) and fifth in the 200-meter dash (27.77).
• Rayona Hart-Wilson won the triple jump (9.99m), sixth in the 200-meter dash (28.13), and seventh in the 100-meter dash (13.25).
• Emily Nixon set a personal best in the 3,000-meter steeplechase with a time of 11:59.13 and the 800-meter run (2:46.05). Her finish in the steeplechase was good enough for her to win the event.
• Olivia Vasiloff set a new personal best in the 3,000 steeplechase with a time of 12:24.54, a second-place finish. She was also second in the 800-meter run with a time of 2:37.81.
• The women's 4x100 meter relay team consisting of Alonia Slappy, Dakota Morgan, Natalie Modes, and Rachel Dolphin finished first with a time of 49.71. The 4x400 relay team consisting of Takiyah Smith, Kyla Sovran, Kallee Reiff, and Rachel Dolphin also won with a finish of 4:11.34.
• Sovran also set a personal best during her first career win in the 400-meter dash with a time of 1:04.26. She also finished ninth in the 800-meter run, setting a personal best time of 29.07 in that event.
• Kallee Reiff was the final women's team winner in the 400-meter hurdles in 1:11.29.
MEN'S TOP FINISHERS
• Jordan Davis set a personal best while winning three events for the day. He won the high jump clearing 1.95 meters. He won the 110-meter hurdles with a personal best 14.71 and the 400-meter hurdles with a time of 57.39.
• TJ Harvey (Javelin, 35.69m), David Cutts (Javelin, 35.55m), Nicholas Sheridan (800 meter, 2:04.80), David Frey (800 meter, 2:06.83 & 3000 meter, 9:47.80), Daniel Malcolm (800, 2:07.94), and Adam Burns (200 meter, 24.79) each set personal bests in their events.
• Conner Stevons was the final men's winner, finishing the 3000-meter run in 9:05.40.
• The Bulldogs travel to cross-town rival, Siena Heights University, to compete in the Don Kleinow Invitational on Thursday, April 13, 2017.