DEFIANCE, Ohio - The Adrian College men's and women's track and field team competed at Defiance College on Saturday. The men finished in first with 116 team points; the women were 2nd with 129 points.
Jordan Davis won the 60-meter hurdles with a time of 8.46. He was second in the 200-meter dash with a time of 23.06
Rayona Hart-Wilson won the long jump with a leap of 5.28 meters. She also improved on her own school record set last year in the triple jump with a 10.20-meter jump that helped her finish fourth.
OTHER TOP FINISHES
• Dazmond Lawrence (1.98 meters) set a personal best with his top-mark in the high jump.
• Clauna Duclos set a personal best in the 400-meter run with a time of 1:02.73 to win the event.
• Randy Fry finished the 60-meter dash in second with a time of 7.09.
• Men's 4x200 Relay team made up of Jordan Davis, Denzel Tinsley, Daniel Knapp, and Randy Fry finished second with a time of 1:32.88; 4x400 Relay team of Gabe Lopez, Jordan Davis, Idris Daranijoh, and Daniel Knapp also finished second with a time of 3:32.07.
• Nicholas Jackson set personal bests in the high jump (1.93m, third place) and long jump (6.59m, second place).
• Dakota Morgan finished second in the 60-meter dash with a time of 8.11 seconds.
• Kroll set personal bests in both the 200-meter dash (27.38, third) and the 400-meter run (1:02.83, second).
• Alicia Szilagyi finished the 3000-meter run in second with a time of 11:1.73.
• Women's 4x200 Relay team of Hart-Wilson, Kroll, Taylor Sinclair, and Duclos finished second with a time of 1:50.09.
• David Frey tallied a 9:40.09 time in the 3000-meter run for a third-place finish.
• Knapp set a personal best with a third-place finish in the 400-meter run (53.08).
• Kallee Reiff was third in the 400-meter run with a time of 1:03.71.
• Olivia Vasiloff finished the mile with a time of 5:38.07 which was good enough for third place in the event.
Four other athletes finished with personal bests:
• Taylor Sinclair - 200-meter dash, 27.75 (5th place)
• Clauna Duclos - 200-meter dash, 28.08 (8th place)
• Rebekah Vanderhelm - 3000-meter run, 12:42.30 (5th place)
• Chantel Edwards - shot put, 10.42m (5th place)
The team will travel to Trine University next Saturday to compete in the Don-Riley Zimmer Classic.