ANDERSON, Ind. - The Adrian College men's basketball team fell 104-79 in the team's season opener on the road Friday night. Kel'Shawn Mozee was 4-6 in field goals to lead the Bulldogs with 13 points in the losing effort.
Final Score: Anderson (Ind.) 104, Adrian 79
Location: Anderson, Indiana (O.C. Lewis Gymnasium)
Records: Anderson (1-0), Adrian (0-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Anderson hit a shot from three to take a 3-1 lead and would never look back on the way to a double-digit victory over the Bulldogs.
Anderson took a 52-37 lead into the locker room at halftime and the team had a 55.2 FG% and shot 64% from behind the arc for the entire game.
Adrian committed 14 turnovers that led to 12 points for the Ravens in the contest. Anderson just edged the Bulldogs in rebounds, 36-34.
Both teams scored six second-chance points and four fast-break points. Adrian scored 34 points in the paint compared to the Ravens 30. The Bulldogs got a lot of production from the bench (40 points).
• Mozee had a team-high 13 points on 4-6 shooting from the field. He also made two three-point shots and three free throws.
• Justin Webster scored nine points and led the Bulldogs with six rebounds.
• Jeremy Kalonji (4-5 FG) scored 12 points for Adrian pulling down four boards.
• Cortiz Buckner (3-4 FG) scored nine points and led the Bulldogs with two assists.
• Trevor Lucas had a game-high 37 points to lead the Ravens.
• Stanley Duncan (18) and Cory Kreiger (16) also scored double-digit points in the game.
• Mike Peters led Anderson with six rebounds while scoring eight points.
The Bulldogs will finish the weekend road trip when they face Manchester tomorrow evening at 5:30 p.m., ET.