CLEVELAND - The Adrian College men's basketball team feel 74-67 to Case Western Reserve University on Saturday afternoon. Senior Justin Webster led the Bulldogs with 23 points and eight rebounds in the losing effort.
Final Score: CWRU 74, Adrian 67
Location: Cleveland, Ohio (Horsburgh Gymnasium)
Records: CWRU (2-4), Adrian 3-2)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Spartans went on an eight-point run following a dunk by Jeremy Kalonji to take an 8-2 lead with 15:25 left in the first half.
The Bulldogs would go on a 12-2 run to take an 18-14 lead with 10:14 remaining in the half. Both teams would trade baskets for the remainder of the half with the Spartans making the final shot, a three-pointer, to take a 31-30 lead into the locker room at halftime.
Adrian retook the lead, 35-33 when Tre'Shon Heard was fouled on a made layup and hit the and-one with 16:42 left in regulation.
CWRU would tie the game at 35 during the next Spartan possession and Antonio Ionadi would give Case Western a 37-35 lead the very next time down the floor.
Sam Colbert would hit a three-point jumper to give Adrian a 54-53 lead with just under 10 minutes left to play.
The Spartans would take the final lead of the game with 8:39 remaining on the clock after a Michael Hollis layup. CWRU would outscore the Bulldogs 21-13 in the final eight minutes to earn the 74-67 victory.
• Justin Webster was the game's top scorer with 23 points on 10-19 shooting. He also led the Bulldogs with eight rebounds.
• Tre'Shon Heard (3-11) scored seven points while pulling down seven boards, dishing five assists, and three takeaways.
• T.J. Duckett was the top scorer for the Spartans with 16 points. He also had a game-high 18 rebounds.
• Sam Hansen also scored in the double-digits (10 points) for CWRU.
• Michael Volkening had a game-high four assists and also scored five points.
Adrian will hit the road on Friday, December 8 to play Wisconsin-Whitewater in the St. Andrews Products Classic hosted by Trine University in Angola, Indiana. The game is scheduled for a 5:00 p.m., ET, tip-off.