ADRIAN, Mich. – The Adrian College men's basketball team's comeback fell short against Ohio Wesleyan on Saturday, Dec. 15, dropping the game by a score of 77-69.
Final Score: Ohio Wesleyan 77, Adrian 69
Location: Adrian, Mich. (Merillat Sport and Fitness Center)
Records: Adrian 3-4, Ohio Wesleyan 5-4
HOW IT HAPPENED
The first half was a relatively close affair, with Adrian leading by six at the break. The Bulldogs were shooting well in the first, connecting on 43.8% of their first-half shot attempts. Sophomore guard Jordan Harris led the Black and Gold in the first with 11 points.
Ohio Wesleyan made a three-pointer to open the second half before AC picked up three points to increase its lead back to six. Then the Battling Bishops rattled off 11-straight points to take the lead. Ohio Wesleyan would not relinquish is lead for the rest of the game, extending it to 17 with five minutes left in the game. Despite the deficit, the Bulldogs wouldn't quit, and cut the Battling Bishops' lead down to six in the final minute. Adrian's comeback attempt would ultimately fall just short as Ohio Wesleyan held on for a 77-69 victory. Adrian's defense had a strong showing in the game, forcing 15 turnovers, leading to 15 points from those turnovers. Harris added another 11 points in the second half, and junior forward Ke'Shaun Wyatt-Morris dropped in 10 to hit double-digits in the second half.
• Harris led the team in points with points with 22 and was tied for the team lead in steals with three.
• Wyatt-Morris ended with a double-double, finishing with 17 points and 10 rebounds, five of which came from the offensive boards. Despite the double-double, it was Wyatt-Morris's flashy passing that stood out, as the big-man finished with six assists to lead the team.
• Freshman guard Kylon Jarreau also picked up a double-double, with 10 points and 10 rebounds. He led the team in defensive rebounds, with seven.
• Jaret Gerber led Ohio Wesleyan with 19 points and eight assists off the bench.
• Gabe Johnson finished with 14 points and a team-high eight rebounds.
Adrian is back in action next weekend at the St. Andrews Products Classic hosted by Trine University in Angola, Ind. The Bulldogs will play Heidelberg on Friday, Dec. 21 and wrap-up the classic on Saturday with a game against Spalding.
#GoBulldogs | #BulldogProud | #GoDawgs