OLIVET, Mich. - The Adrian College men's soccer team scored twice in the first half and once in the second to come away with a 3-1 win on the road against Olivet on Saturday afternoon. Tad Davis assisted on the opening goal of the game before scoring what would eventually be the game winner in the first half.
Final Score: Adrian 3, Olivet 1
Location: Olivet, Michigan (Cutler Athletic Complex)
Records: Adrian (6-4-1, 5-2-1 MIAA), Olivet (1-9-3, 0-5-3 MIAA)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Mark Proctor gave the Bulldogs the early 1-0 lead at the 3:12 mark. He was assisted on the play by Davis. Davis would score in the seventh minute to give Adrian a 2-0 cushion going into halftime.
Olivet's Evan Shambaugh cut the Bulldog lead in half in the 78th minute when he scored on a 30-yard bomb after an assist from teammate Reece Burton.
Zach Combs would bring the Adrian lead back to two goals in the 86th minute and the team would hold the 3-1 lead for the remainder of regulation.
The Bulldogs had the edge in shots (14-9) and corner kicks (3-2) in the game.
• Davis scored three points with his goal and assist to lead Adrian.
• Spencer Brown saved three of the four shots he faced in the game.
• Shambaugh (2 points) and Burton (1 point) were the only point-getters for the Comets.
• Courtney Skerritt tallied two shot attempts in the game.
• Four different Olivet players had a shot on goal.
The Bulldogs will return home to host Kalamazoo on Wednesday, October 11. Kickoff is scheduled for 7:00 p.m., ET.