ADRIAN, Mich. - The Adrian College men's soccer team tied last season's program record with nine conference wins in a season after a 3-1 win against Hope at Docking Stadium on Saturday afternoon. Brandon Katona finished with three points to lead the Bulldogs to the win.
Final Score: Adrian 3, Hope 1
Location: Adrian, Michigan (Docking Stadium)
Record: Adrian (10-5-2, 9-3-2 MIAA), Hope (7-9-2, 6-6-2 MIAA)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Hope edged Adrian 4-2 in shots on goal, but neither team was able to score as the score remained scoreless through halftime.
Katona got a goal of his own to put Adrian up 2-0 in the 55th minute. Wesley Gensler was the assist man on the goal.
The Flying Dutchmen's Logan Bylsma scored off an assist from Dalton Bruso that cut the Bulldog lead to only one in the 67th minute.
Adrian responded 20 seconds later when Brad Squires scored an unassisted goal to put the Bulldogs ahead again by two goals.
The game ended with a 14-14 draw in shot attempts and a 5-5 deadlock in saves. Adrian had the 5-2 edge in corner kicks.
• Katona tallied his third game-winning goal of the season, scoring off his only shot attempt of the game.
• Squires had a team-high three shot attempts and two shots on goal.
• Rush, Katona, and Gensler each had an assist.
• Spencer Brown (W, 7-2-2) saved five of the six shots he faced to achieve his seventh win of the year.
• Bylsma scored Hope's lone goal of the game off two shot attempts.
• Bruso tallied the Flying Dutchmen's only assist and also had a game-high five shot attempts and three shots on goal.
• Sam Mason and Colin Bennett each contributed a shot on goal.
• Stephen Wilbur (L, 4-4) saved five of the eight shots he faced.
The Bulldogs will host Hope on Wednesday, Nov. 1 at 7:00 p.m., ET, at Docking Stadium. Tickets are $5 for adults and $3 for children. Students with an MIAA college ID will be admitted for free.