OLIVET, Mich. - The Adrian College men's volleyball team swept Olivet on the road on Wednesday night at the Cutler Event Center. The win gives the Bulldogs their first winning streak in program history. Noah Marcinkowski led the Bulldogs on offense and defense with 12 kills and three block assists.
Final Score: Adrian 3, Olivet 0 (25-23, 25-16, 25-16)
Location: Olivet, Michigan (Cutler Event Center)
Records: Adrian (2-4, 2-4 MCVL), Olivet (1-4, 0-3 MCVL)
HOW IT HAPPENED
First Set: Adrian 25, Olivet 23 (Adrian 1-0)
• The opening set was close with each team tying the score throughout the set.
• The Bulldogs tied the game at 16 all before scoring eight of 12 points to take a 24-20 set-point lead.
• Adrian hit for .194 in the first; Olivet hit, .185, it was the Bulldogs lowest hitting percentage and the Comets lowest of the match.
Second Set: Adrian 25, Olivet 16 (Adrian 2-0)
• The score stayed close at the very beginning of the set with the score tying four times.
• The Bulldog scored seven straight points to take an 11-4 lead and they would never look back.
• Adrian improved its hitting percentage (.333) in the second set while causing Olivet to have a -.036 percentage.
Third Set: Adrian 25-16 (Adrian wins 3-0)
• Similar to the second set, the score was close early before the Bulldogs went on a run to take the lead for good.
• With the score 13-12 in favor of the Bulldogs, Adrian built a lead of 24-15.
• Adrian hit a season-high .524 in the third set; Olivet improved upon set two with a .174.
• Marcinkowski finished with 12 kills, one assist, one service ace, seven digs, three block assists, a hitting percentage of .474.
• Eduardo Aleman had 11 kills, one assist, three service aces, and six digs.
• Joseph Campana paced the Bulldog offense with 31 assists for the match. He also had three kills and two digs.
• Kevin Curley contributed seven kills, two assists, and four digs.
• Avery Johnson finished with five kills and one solo block.
• Andrew McCormick and Trent Robinson each had a team-high eight kills.
• Mathew Caamal had a team-high 16 assists.
• Brock Pringle tallied eight digs.
• Adrian hosts MCVL opponent Mount St. Joseph on Friday, February 17 at 7:00 p.m.