PALOS HEIGHTS, Ill. - The Adrian College men's volleyball match split on the road in a tri-match at Trinity Christian. The Bulldogs lost a tough match to host Trinity Christian 3-2 before winning against Calumet-St. Joseph 3-1 later in the afternoon.
Noah Marcinkowski led the Bulldogs in kills for both matches. In the first match, Marcinkowski improved upon his record set earlier this season, scoring 24 kills. He then went on to have a team-high 13 kills against Calumet-St. Joseph.
Final Scores: Trinity Christian 3, Adrian 2 (19-25, 25-21, 25-21, 25-16, 15-11); Adrian 3, Calumet-St. Joseph 1 (26-24, 25-21, 20-25, 25-22)
Location: Palos Heights, Illinois (DeVos Gymnasium)
Records: Adrian (3-7), Trinity Luthern (7-5), Calumet-St. Joseph (0-12)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Trinity Christian vs. Adrian
• Adrian jumped out to a quick 1-0 lead, winning the first set 25-19 over Trinity Christian.
• The Bulldogs had an attack percentage of .097 while the Trolls hit for -.029.
• Trinity Christian took the lead, winning the second and third sets 25-21. The Trolls hit for .111 and .297 in the sets; Adrian hit .100 and .286.
• The Bulldogs tied the game at two sets with a 25-16 win in set four. Adrian had a match-high .486 hitting percentage in the set that forced a fifth and final set.
• Trinity Christian was able to pull out the victory with a 15-11 victory in the final set.
Adrian vs. Calumet-St. Joseph
• Adrian won the first sets, 26-24 and 25-21.
• The Crimson Wave stayed alive by winning the third set, 25-20 before the Bulldogs put the match away in the fourth.
• Adrian had hitting percentages of .250, .111, .171, and .250 in the match.
• Marcinkowski had a match-high 24 kills, improving his record of 23 he set a few matches ago.
• Eduardo Aleman had 17 kills in the match. He also had two service aces, 10 digs, and one block assist.
• Joseph Campana tallied 52 assists to pace the Bulldog offense.
• Marcinkowski (13), Curley (11), Avery Johnson (10), and Aleman (10) each had double-digit kills for the match.
• Joseph Campana added 45 assists to his total of the day.
• Aleman led the team with 10 digs in the second match.
• Mike Karl (16) and Ben Tocila (14) led Trinity Christian in kills.
• Austin Tafoya (29) and Danny Lawrence (21) paced the Troll offense, leading the team in assists.
• Tocila (18) and Conor Sullivan (16) led the defense in digs.
• Trevor Wagner had a match-high 26 kills for the Crimson Wave.
• Liam Fagan paced the offense with 38 assists.
• Wagner (12), Connor Fagan (10), and Liam Fagan (10) led the team in digs.
• The Bulldogs will look to increase their winning streak to two games on Friday, March 3 when the team travels to face Dominican (Ill.) at 8:00 p.m.