RIVER FOREST, Ill. - The Adrian College men's volleyball team fell to 3-9 overall and 2-7 in the MCVL after a loss at Dominican (Ill.) in three straight sets. Avery Johnson (9 kills) and Joseph Campana (18 assists) led the Bulldog offense in the losing effort.
Final Score: Dominican (Ill.) 3, Adrian 0 (25-8, 25-13, 25-17)
Location: River Forest, Illinois (Igini Sports Forum)
Records: Dominican (13-1, 9-0 MCVL), Adrian (3-9, 2-7 MCVL)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Dominican took a quick 1-0 lead over Adrian after winning the first set 25-8.
• The second set was the only set that the Bulldogs had a positive team hitting percentage (.100) as the Stars defense made it difficult for Adrian for the entire night.
• Dominican won the second set by a score of 25-13 to take a 2-0 set lead.
• The Stars had their lowest hitting percentage in the third set but were still able to win the set and the match with a 25-17 set three win.
• Avery Johnson had nine kills and one service ace.
• Joseph Campana paced the Adrian offense with 18 assists. He also contributed four digs in the match.
• Noah Marcinkowski led defensively with six digs.
• Kevin Curley totaled five kills, three digs, and two solo blocks.
• Zach Sinn led the Stars with six kills.
• Alex Coyne had nine assists.
• Adam Janusz recorded six digs.
• Adrian will travel to face Benedictine (Ill.) tomorrow (Sat., March 4) at 1:00 p.m.