LISLE, Ill. - The Adrian College men's volleyball lost at Benedictine (Ill.) in three straight sets on Saturday afternoon in Lisle, Illinois. Avery Johnson led the Bulldogs with six kills in the losing effort.
Final Score: Benedictine (Ill.) 3, Adrian 0 (25-13, 25-14, 25-21)
Location: Lisle, Illinois (Rice Center)
Records: Benedictine (Ill.) (7-8, 6-5 MCVL), Adrian (3-10, 2-8 MCVL)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Benedictine (Ill.) jumped out to a 1-0 lead after winning the first set 25-13. The Eagles had a team hitting percentage of .414 while holding the Bulldogs to a -.034 percentage.
• Adrian struggled on the attack for the second set, -.125, as the team fell behind 2-0 after a 25-14 loss in set two.
• The Bulldogs improved in the third set hitting .105 and losing the set by only four points, 25-21.
• Johnson led Adrian with six kills. He also tallied two digs and a service ace.
• Noah Marcinkowski had a team-high seven digs as well as five kills, a block assist, and a service ace.
• Joseph Campana paced the Bulldog offense with 11 assists. He also provided a service ace, two digs, and two block assists.
• Nick Malak had a match-high 12 kills to lead Benedictine.
• Joe Lock registered 30 assists to set the tone offensively.
• Josh Moua had a team-high six digs.
• Adrian returns home to host Dominican (Ill.) on Tuesday, March 7 at 7:00 p.m.