ADRIAN, Mich. - The Adrian College men's volleyball team fell in three straight sets to Dominican (Ill.) on Tuesday night. Kevin Curley led the Bulldogs with nine kills in the losing effort.
Final Score: Dominican (Ill.) 3, Adrian 0 (25-22, 25-8, 26-24)
Location: Adrian, Michigan (Merillat Sports and Fitness Center)
Records: Dominican (14-1, 10-0 MCVL), Adrian (3-11, 2-9 MCVL)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• The Stars used a .368 hitting percentage to gain the early 1-0 lead. The Bulldogs stuck close in the set, losing by only three points, but couldn't close out the set.
• Dominican hit a match-high .632 hitting percentage in the second set while holding Adrian to a -.043 percentage to win the set 25-8 and increase the lead to 2-0.
• The Stars hit their lowest percentage in the third set (.143) but were still able to put a pesky Bulldog team away in the third set, 26-24.
• Curley led the team with nine kills. He also tallied four digs.
• Joseph Campana had a team-high 18 assists and six digs while registering three kills.
• Michael Burkhardt, Johnson, and Marcinkowski all had a team-high two block assists.
• Luke Spicer led the Stars with nine kills.
• Alex Coyne paced the offense with 20 assists.
• Michal Kawa and Brooks Nevrly tallied four digs.
• Nick Timreck and Kawa had four block assists.
• Adrian hits the road to face Mount St. Joseph on Friday, March 10 at 7:00 p.m.
• That match is the first of a five-game road trip for the Bulldogs.