Springfield, Ohio - The Adrian College men's volleyball team lost in three straight sets at Wittenberg on Saturday afternoon. Kevin Curley led the Bulldogs with eight kills in the losing effort.
Final Score: Wittenberg 3, Adrian 0 (25-13, 25-19, 25-17)
Location: Springfield, Ohio (Emmanuel Christian)
Record: Wittenberg (8-12, 5-5), Adrian (3-12, 2-11)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• The Tigers took a 1-0 lead after winning the opening set 25-13. Wittenberg hit .360 for the set; Adrian hit .071.
• The Tigers extended the lead 2-0 following the second set where they forced the Bulldogs to hit a -.024 for a 25-19 win.
• Adrian fought hard in the third set, hitting the highest in the match at .265, but Wittenberg was able to pull out a 25-17 set three win and end the match.
• Curley added four digs and one assist to his eight kills.
• Joseph Campana had 25 assists to pace the Bulldog offense.
• Alex Collins led defensively with nine digs.
• Michael Burkhardt had Adrian's lone block.
• Joel Sotos and Dylan Kolovitz led the Tigers with nine kills each.
• Noah Wissel and Ross Russell set the tone offensively with 16 and 15 assists respectively.
• Carter Schmidt led the defense, recording 10 assists.
• The Bulldogs travel to Loras on Friday, March 17. The match is scheduled for an 8:00 p.m. start.