DUBUQUE, Iowa - The Adrian College men's volleyball team fell on the road at Loras 3-0 on Friday night. Avery Johnson led the offense with seven kills and Joseph Campana paced the Bulldog offense with 15 assists in the losing effort.
Final Score: Loras 3, Adrian 0 (25-13, 25-20, 25-14)
Location: Dubuque, Iowa (Lillis Court)
Records: Loras (8-11, 5-9 MCVL), Adrian (3-14, 2-12 MCVL)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Duhawks hit above .300 in each set of the match, finishing the third with a .600 hitting percentage.
- Loras took a 1-0 lead after winning set one 25-13 while holding the Bulldogs to a -.136 percentage.
- Adrian kept it closer in the second set, but the Duhawks took a 2-0 lead off a 25-20 set two victory.
- Loras held the Bulldogs to a negative hitting percentage in the third set while obtaining a .600 in the 25-14 win.
- Johnson added one assist and five digs to his team-high seven kills.
- Campana had four kills and three digs to his stat line.
- Greg Kinney had a match-high eight kills for the Duhawks. He also added two assists, one service ace, one block assist and four digs.
- Leo Peters contributed seven kills to the cause.
- Danny Krasich (15 assists) and Alfredo Lopez (13 assists) set the tone offensively.
- The Bulldogs travel to Illinois to face North Central and Mount Mercy in a tri-match on Saturday afternoon. Adrian starts off against host North Central at 1:00 p.m. with a 3:00 p.m. game against Mount Mercy to end the day.