ASHLAND, Wis. - The Adrian College women's hockey team cruised to a 5-0 win at Northland to open conference play 1-0. Savannah Veri led the Bulldogs with a goal and an assist on the night.
Final Score: Adrian 5, Northland 0
Location: Ashland, Wisconsin
Records: Adrian (3-0, 1-0 NCHA), Northland (1-2, 0-1 NCHA)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Adrian freshman Savannah Veri put the Bulldogs up 1-0 at the 9:03 mark in the first period when she scored a short-handed goal. She was assisted on the play by senior assistant captain Hannah Dalrymple. Sophomore Kelly O'Sullivan gave the Bulldogs the insurance goal at 10:35, assists to freshman Neysa Miller and sophomore Maggie Mitter on the goal. Junior Tory Harshman scored the final goal of the opening period at the 11:11 mark. Harshman scored off assists from Veri and sophomore Lexi Grunden. The Bulldogs registered 24 shots on goal in the first period while holding the Lumberjills to only four shots on goal.
Adrian tallied 18 shots on goal in the second period but was unable to extend the lead. The Bulldog defense held Northland to only two shots on goal in the second stanza.
Junior Kortney Diaz increased the Adrian lead to 4-0 after scoring off an assist from senior captain Kristi Zink in the opening three minutes of the third period. Senior Rose Krasofsky finished off the scoring in the game with only 25 seconds remaining in regulation, junior Leigh Farquhar tallied an assist.
The Bulldogs finished the game with a 65-12 decision in shots on goal. Adrian failed to score on any of its four power-play opportunities.
• Savannah Veri had a game-high two points (1g,1a).
• Harshman, O'Sullivan, Krasofsky, and Diaz each tallied a goal.
• Dalrymple, Zink, Farquhar, Mitter, Grunden, and Miller each registered an assist.
• Freshman goalie Kate Turner (W, 3-0) made 12 saves to earn her third straight shutout. She is the first freshman goalie to begin her Bulldog career with three shutouts.
• Allyson Reilly led the Lumberjills with three shots in the game.
• Amanda Abounader, Robyn Matula, and Kylie Fahmer each had two shots in the losing effort.
• Maggie Cusey made 60 saves in the game.
These two teams will play each other again tomorrow (Sunday) at 3:00 p.m., ET.