ANGOLA, Ind. - Annika Nuler scored three of her game-high five goals in the first half to help the Bulldogs build an insurmountable 11-4 lead. Adrian added four more goals in the second to earn the 15-6 win on the road against Trine.
Final Score: Adrian 15, Trine 6
Location: Angola, Indiana (Shive Field)
Records: Adrian (3-6, 2-1 MIAA), Trine (2-9, 0-4 MIAA)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Adrian struck first, scoring on a free position shot by Nuler in the opening minute of play.
• Elena Gallego scored an unassisted goal to cut the Adrian lead to one goal, 2-1 with 27:39 remaining.
• Adrian would score the next seven goals in the half to build a 9-1 lead with 11:33 left until halftime.
• The teams would trade goals for the remainder of the half as the Bulldogs would take an 11-4 lead into the locker room for the intermission.
• The Thunder scored first in the second before Adrian scored the next three goals for a 14-4 lead.
• Nuler scored five goals on eight shots along with two ground balls, five draw controls, and three caused turnovers.
• Branum scored a hat trick for the Bulldogs. She also had one groundball, a draw control, and one caused turnover.
• Elena Gallego and Laura Rosekrans each scored a hat trick for the Thunder. Rosekrans also led the team with three groundballs.
• Anne Mammel had a team-high four draw controls.
• Adrian continues the current three-game road trip, traveling to face Albion on Wednesday, April 19 at 7:00 p.m.