ADRIAN, Mich. – The Adrian College women's lacrosse team fell 20-4 to Albion on Wednesday night in Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) action. The game was moved after thunderstorms on Tuesday night forced the game to be halted and rescheduled.
Final Score: Albion 20, Adrian 4
Location: Adrian, Michigan (Docking Stadium)
Records: Albion (6-3, 2-0 MIAA), Adrian (1-8, 0-3 MIAA)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Albion's defense clamped down on the Adrian attack in the first half, holding the Bulldogs to two scores in the first half. Gwyneth Brodbeck (Lake Orion, Mich.) and Annie Rice (Reisterstown, Md.) were the scorers for Adrian in the opening 30 minutes. The Britons scored 12 goals to hold a 10-point lead at the half.
• Rice finished with one goal and one assist along with two ground balls.
• Brodbeck led the Bulldogs with seven ground balls and tied for a team-high three draw controls. She also caused one turnover.
• Hannah Emerson (L, 1-8) (Commerce Twp., Mich.) finished with eight saves in net for Adrian.
• Jade Barrett led the Britons with five goals and eight draw controls.
• Shannon Kahl had a game-high eight ground balls while hauling in one draw control and causing a turnover.
• Jenna Villabroza (W, 6-3) made nine saves to help Albion to victory.
Adrian travels to face MIAA opponent Hope on Saturday, April 7. The game is set to begin at 1:00 p.m., ET.