CLERMONT, Florida - The Adrian College softball team went 1-1 in its final two games in Florida. The Bulldogs opened the day with a 13-5 loss to Johnson & Wales (R.I.) in five innings before finishing the day with a 7-2 win over Cabrini later in the day.
Final Scores: Game one: Johnson & Wales 13, Adrian 5 - 5 Innings; Game two: Adrian 7, Cabrini 2
Location: Clermont, Florida (Legends Field)
Records: Johnson & Wales (4-2), Adrian (1-7)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• The Wildcats had a seven-run second inning to grab the first lead of the game.
• The Bulldogs would rally back, scoring five runs in the top of the third to cut the lead to two, 7-5.
• Johnson & Wales scored four runs in the bottom of the third to increase its lead to six runs.
• The Wildcats scored two final runs at the bottom of the fourth inning before closing out the game.
(NOTE: NO FURTHER INFORMATION AVAILABLE FOR THE CABRINI GAME)
• Kyleen Wilson was 2-for-2 on the day. She scored one run and a RBI in the losing effort.
• Ashley Lenington went 1-for-2 and had one run and a RBI.
• Paige Cubberly (1-3) had a run and a RBI.
• Kristin Frost (3-4) and Meghan Gavin (2-3) were the top hitters for the Wildcats.
• Both Frost and Gavin scored two runs. Frost had a game-high five RBIs.
• Diana Amendolara (2-4) also scored two runs and two RBIs.
• The Bulldogs played Cabrini to end the day. The Bulldogs won 7-2 in that contest.
• Adrian will remain on the road, traveling to face Centre on Saturday, March 11 at 11:00 a.m.