DANVILLE, Ky. - The Adrian College softball team lost both games in a doubleheader at Centre on Wednesday night. The Colonels took game one in five innings 8-0. The Bulldogs kept game two close, falling just short, 5-4. Kallie Derrer went 1-for-2 in game one and 2-for-3 in game two to lead Adrian in the losing effort.
Final Scores: Game 1: Centre 8, Adrian 0 - 5-innings; Game 2: Centre 5, Adrian 4
Location: Danville, Kentucky (South Campus Field
Records: Centre (7-7), Adrian (2-8)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Game One: Centre 8, Adrian 0 - 5-innings
• Centre used a three-run fourth inning and a five-run fifth inning to end the game after five innings.
• Kallie Derrer singled to lead off the top of the third inning to record the Bulldogs only hit of the game.
• The Colonels tallied 10 hits in the game with Mary-Carter Downing leading the team with three hits. Sarah Aubuchon tallied two hits.
• Erika Brewer (W, 2-5) allowed one hit in five innings of pitching while striking out five batters.
Game Two: Centre 5, Adrian 4
• Game two remained scoreless through three innings before the Bulldogs broke the tie, scoring in the third with a Derrer double to right center that scored Sarah Richardson.
• Centre took a 4-3 lead at the bottom of the fifth after recorded four runs on five hits in the inning.
• Adrian tied the game in the seventh after Collins doubled to score Phoebe Cole.
• The Colonels would earn the walk-off run after Brittany Sears hits a double to score Madison DeBord for the 5-4 win.
• Elysse Petrie (W, 2-1) earned the win for Centre. Paige Cubberly (L, 0-2) received the loss for the Bulldogs.
• Collins (3-4) tallied three hits, one run, and two RBIs in game two.
• Derrer scored one RBI for the Bulldogs.
• Downing was 3-for-3 in game one.
• Aubuchon was 2-for-3 and Lauren Richards was 1-for-2 in game one.
• Sears (2-4) had one run and one RBI in game two.
• The Bulldogs travel to cross-town rival Siena Heights for a doubleheader with the Saints on Tuesday, March 21. Game one is scheduled for 4:00 p.m. Game two will take place following the conclusion of the first game.