KALAMAZOO, Mich. - The Adrian College softball team split at Kalamazoo on Saturday afternoon. The Bulldogs won game one 7-5 and fell to the Hornets 5-1 in game two. Krista Lynch led Adrian in game one with three hits. Madison Budde scored the only run for the Bulldogs in game two.
Final Scores: GAME ONE: Adrian 7, Kalamazoo 5; GAME TWO: Kalamazoo 5, Adrian 1
Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan
Records: Adrian (9-19, 3-5 MIAA), Kalamazoo (11-15, 2-8 MIAA)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• The Bulldogs scored three runs in both the fourth and the sixth innings on the way to a 7-5 win in game one.
• Jaime Lightner singled, scoring Lenington to increase the Bulldog lead to 2-0.
• Paige Cubberly lined out to left field, Lightner tagged up on third to advance to the plate and score the final run of the inning.
• Erin DuRoss cut the Adrian lead to one run after hitting a two run homerun in the bottom of the fourth.
• The Hornets scored three more runs in the fifth to earn their first lead of the game, 5-3.
• The Bulldogs would take the lead for the final time in game one, scoring three runs in the sixth to take a 6-5 lead.
• Adrian would add another run on in the seventh.
• Kalamazoo took the lead in the third inning of game two, scoring two runs.
• The Bulldogs scored a run in the bottom of the inning to cut the Hornet lead to one run, 2-1.
• Kalamazoo put the game away in the fifth inning by scoring three runs to put the score at 5-1.
• Krista Lynch went 4-for-6 on the day.
• Jaime Lightner tallied one hit in seven at-bats while recording a RBI in each game.
• Cubberly was 2-for-3 and two RBIs in game one. She was 0-for-2 and was walked in game two.
• Erin DuRoss had three hits, three RBIs and scored two runs to lead the Hornets in game one.
• Briana Huisken was 2-for-3 in the game.
• Huisken led Kalamazoo in game two with three hits and three RBIs.
• DuRoss tallied two hits and scored two runs in game two.
• Nori Seita and Isabella Kirck had two hits in the second game.
• Adrian will host Defiance in a non-conference doubleheader on Monday, April 17 with game one scheduled for 4:00 p.m.