ADRIAN, Mich. - The Adrian College women's volleyball team hit .267, .300, and .156 on its way to a 3-0 win over Alma at home on Tuesday night. Jenai White tallied a career-best 21 kills to lead the Bulldogs in the win.
Final Score: Adrian 3, Alma 0 (25-23, 25-22, 26-24)
Location: Adrian, Michigan (Merillat Sports and Fitness Center)
Records: Adrian (4-12, 4-4 MIAA), Alma (5-10, 2-6 MIAA)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The first set was tied on three separate occasions (11, 13, 14) but the Bulldogs were able to pull off a 25-23 win to take an earlier 1-0 lead.
Set two was close as well with the score tied eight times, the final time at 20 all. Adrian was able to score five of the next seven points to gain a 2-0 set score advantage over the Scots.
Alma would continue to battle the Bulldogs as they tied the score at 24 before Adrian would score the final two points and close out the match.
• White added two block assists to her career-high in kills. Her 21 kills ties for fifth-most kills by an Adrian player in a single match.
• Liz Susitko paced the Adrian attack with 37 assists. She was also second on the team with 14 digs.
• Haley Mellon added a match-high 24 digs to bring her season total to 362 she is now 264 digs away from tying Kacie Ehinger's program-high 626 digs in a season set in 2003.
• Dakota Pelach and Katie Bush led the Scots offense with 10 kills. Pelach also had a team-high 19 assists and 19 digs in the match. She was the only player in the match to achieve a triple-double.
• Haley Novak also helped pace the Alma offense by adding 17 assists to her stat line. She also totaled eight kills, 10 digs, and a block assist.
• Bailey Cantrell tallied 10 digs to contribute on defense for the Scots.
Adrian will stay at home to finish its two-game homestand, hosting Kalamazoo in a MIAA match on Friday, October 6. The match is set to start at 7:00 p.m., ET.