COLUMBUS, Ohio – The Adrian College women's volleyball opened up its 2018 campaign with a 3-1 loss to Hanover in the first game of the Capital/Otterbein Classic in Columbus, Ohio.
Final Score: Hanover 3, Adrian 1 (25-18, 26-24, 17-25, 25-17)
Location: Columbus, Ohio (Capital Center Performance Arena)
Records: Hanover (3-1, 0-0 HCAC), Adrian (0-1, 0-0 MIAA)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The first set was close in the beginning, but Hanover pulled away late and was able to finish the set off 25-18 for a one set lead.
The second set was similar to the first, with the Bulldogs and Panthers staying and neck-and-neck for most of the set. It needed an extra point, but Hanover was ultimately able to take the second set 26-24 for a 2-0 lead in the match.
Adrian was able to bounce back in the third set and controlled most of it and were able to get a set back, winning 25-17, cutting the Panthers' lead to 2-1.
The Bulldogs jumped out to an early lead in the fourth set but were unable to hang on to it and ultimately fell for the deciding set, 25-17.
• Senior Olivia Welch led the team with 20 kills and made 10 digs.
• Sophomore Alex Tobler also tallied double digit kills with 11, and added two service and led the team with 26 digs.
• Sophomore Liz Susitko set the team up all day, totaling 31 assists and contributed 20 digs.
• Kelsey Ketcham led Hanover with 10 kills and had 11 assists
• Abby Crump set the tone for the Panthers with 13 assists.
• Ally Williams tallied 24 digs to lead the defense.
The Bulldogs play their second game of the Capital/Otterbein Classic later on Saturday, Sep. 1 when they take on one of the hosts, Capital.
#GoBulldogs | #BulldogProud | #GoDawgs