HILLSDALE, Mich. - The Adrian College men's and women's track and field teams competed at the Hillsdale Tune-Up on Saturday. The men finished second out of 16 teams with 71 points. The women were third out of 12 teams, totaling 59 points.
The women had nine top-five finishes in six different events. The men also had nine top-five finishes in seven different events.
Freshman John Hamilton broke the school record in the triple jump with a best jump of 13.03m (42'9").
WOMEN TOP-FIVE FINISHERS
• Rachel Dolphin - 60-Meter Dash - 3rd - 8.13
• Alonia Slappy - 60-Meter Dash - 4th - 8.21
• Kallee Reiff - 400-Meter Dash - 4th - 1:01.61
• Olivia Vasiloff - 3000-Meter Run - 3rd - 11:09.24
• Emily Nixon - 5000-Meter Run - 4th - 19:56.86
• Alicia Szilagyi - 5000-Meter Run - 5th - 20:00.61
• Takiyah Smith - 60m Hurdles - 3rd - 9.43
• Emily Campbell - 60m Hurdles - 5th - 9.93
• Monica Edick - Weight Throw - 5th - 13.66m (44'9.75")
MEN TOP-FIVE FINISHERS
• Blake Hairston - 400-Meter Dash - 4th - 52.12
• Daniel Malcolm - 3000-Meter Run - 3rd - 9:14.67
• Jordan Davis - 60m Hurdles - 2nd - 8.39 / High Jump - 2nd - 1.96m (6'5")
• Scott Campbell - High Jump - 1st - 1.96m (6'5") / Long Jump - 4th - 6.29m (20'7.75")
• John Hamilton - Triple Jump - 2nd - 13.03m (42'9") / High Jump - 3rd - 1.91m (6'3.25")
• Both the men's and women's team will travel to Grand Rapids, Michigan next week to compete in the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association Indoor Championship hosted by Calvin College. The first events are scheduled to take place at 9:30 a.m.