ANGOLA, IND. - The Adrian College men's and women's track and field team both finished fifth in team points at the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) Indoor Track and Field Championships hosted by Trine. The men tallied a total of 65.50 points; the women recorded 46 points.
Jordan Davis was crowned the MIAA champion in the 60-meter hurdles by winning the finals with a time of 8.31. He also finished fifth in the high jump by clearing the bar at 1.90-meters.
Rayona Hart-Wilson extended her own school record in the triple jump with a best jump of 10.69 meters. She was also a member of the 4x400 relay team that also set a new school record with a 4:05.98 finish.
OTHER TOP FINISHES
• Randy Fry finished third in the 60-meter dash (7.00) and fourth in the 200-meter dash (22.52).
• Nicholas Jackson placed sixth in the high jump (1.90 meters).
• Britney Carnagie finished fourth in the 60-meter dash with a time of 9.81.
• Kallee Reiff was fifth in the 400-meter run with a time of 1:01.78.
• Violet Smith threw the weight 13.45 meters for a fifth-place finish.
OTHER PERSONAL BESTS
• Denzel Tinsley improved upon his personal best in the 60-meter hurdles finishing in 8.45 seconds. He finished the race in second behind teammate Davis in the finals.
• Daniel Knapp placed sixth in the 400-meter run, setting a personal best time of 51.55.
• Idris Daranijoh finished fourth in the long jump with a personal best jump of 6.64 meters.
• Dazmond Lawrence tied his personal best in the high jump by clearing the bar at 2.00 meters to finish the event in second.
• Brandi Kroll set a personal best in two events, the first was the 400-meter run (6th, 1:02.03); the second the 200-meter dash (2nd, 26.55). She was also on the record-setting 4x400 relay team.
Jordan Davis is the only member of the Bulldog track and field team to earn a spot on the All-MIAA team as an event champion in the 60-meter hurdles.
The Bulldogs will compete at the Pointer Qualifier hosted by Wisconsin-Stevens Point next Saturday, March 3. It's the final meet before the NCAA Indoor Championships in Birmingham, Ala.