LOUISVILLE, Ky. - Adrian (2-1) delivered its second consecutive road win on Sunday, defeating Spalding (1-4) 71-52 on Sunday afternoon. Senior Justin Webster paced the Bulldogs offense with 23 points on 6-9 shooting and also hauled in 14 rebounds to complete a double-double in the contest. He was joined by teammates Sam Colbert (15), Jeremy Kalonji (13), and Jordan Harris (11) with double-digit point totals.
Final Score: Adrian 71, Spalding 52
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Records: Adrian (2-1), Spalding (1-4)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Golden Eagles scored the game's first basket to gain an early 2-0 lead, but Kalonji hit a jumper from behind the three-point line that sparked a seven-point run by the Bulldogs. Spalding tied the game up a seven before another 4-0 run by Adrian gave the Bulldogs an 11-7 lead.
The Golden Eagles kept the Adrian lead down to single digits until a 16-3 run put the Bulldogs ahead 27-12 with just 8:07 remaining in the first half.
Spalding cut the lead to four points, 29-25, with 1:46 left in the first before Adrian scored the final four points of the half to take a 33-25 lead into the locker room at the intermission.
Kalonji hit another three-point jumper to start a 9-0 run to give the Bulldogs a 47-33 lead with 16:05 remaining in regulation. Adrian continued to build the lead, peaking at a 25-point advantage, 66-41, with just 5:56 remaining in the game.
Adrian shot 25-51 (49.0%) from the floor, 8-18 (44.4%) from behind the arc, and 13-18 (72.2%) from the charity stripe. The Bulldogs outrebounded the Golden Eagles 37-27 and scored 15 points off of 11 Spalding turnovers.
• Justin Webster tallied his first double-double of the 2017-18 season.
• Jordan Harris made two steals and pulled down five rebounds along with his 11 points.
• Jeremy Kalonji added three boards and an assist to his 13 points.
• Dominique Ellis led Spalding with 15 points off 6-12 shooting.
• Brandon Williams was 5-10 shooting on his way to 12 points in the losing effort.
• Keith Wallace led the Golden Eagles with six rebounds while also contributing seven points.
Adrian will look to extend its current winning streak to three games when the team hosts Capital on Wednesday, November 29 in the team's home opener. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 7:30 p.m., ET.