ANGOLA, IND. - The Adrian College men's basketball team defeated Wisconsin Lutheran 86-73 on day two of the St. Andrews Products Classic at Trine University. Senior Justin Webster led the Bulldogs with his third double-double of the season with 28 points and 12 rebounds.
Final Score: Adrian 86, Wisconsin Lutheran 73
Location: Angola, Indiana (Hershey Hall)
Records: Adrian (5-2), Wisconsin Lutheran (1-7)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Adrian started the game on a 9-0 run to take the first lead of the game. Wisconsin Lutheran cut the lead to just two points (15-13) with 9:51 remaining in the first half but failed to knot things up before halftime as the Bulldogs would take a 35-24 lead into the locker room.
The Warriors eventually cut the Adrian lead to one (50-49) when Mack Knueppel hit a three-point jumper with 11:53 remaining in regulation. Chase Nowak would hit a trey for WLC to tie the game at 52 the next possession with 10:49 left in the game.
The score remained close for the next few minutes of the half as Wisconsin Lutheran was able to tie the game on four more occasions. However, the Bulldogs never surrendered the lead and used an 11-2 run to increase the lead back to double-digits, 76-65, to seal the victory.
Adrian shot 53.6% from the floor and 76.9% from the free throw line in the game. The Bulldog defense held the Warriors to 37.5% (24-64) from the floor in the win. WLC made seven shots from behind the arc for a team percentage of 43.8; Adrian made six 3s for a team percentage of 35.3.
• The Bulldogs are 3-0 this season when Justin Webster registers a double-double.
• Tre'Shon Heard scored 19 points--an Adrian career high--on 7-10 shooting from the floor.
• Jordan Harris (14) and Sam Colbert (10) were the final two Adrian players to score double-digit points. Harris also dished four assists, hauled in four rebounds, and one block; Colbert had two blocks, two steals, and one assist.
• Collin Kennedy (28) and Mack Knueppel (18) were the top scorers for the Warriors. The duo also led the team with nine rebounds.
• Chase Nowak scored 10 points while hauling in one rebound, dishing three assists, two blocks, and one steal.
Adrian will return home to host Great Lakes Christian on Friday, December 15 at 7:00 p.m., ET. This will be the second home contest thus far into the season for the Bulldogs.