ADRIAN, Mich. - The Adrian College men's basketball team cruised to an 85-61 win over Great Lakes Christian on Friday night. Senior forward Justin Webster tallied his fourth double-double of the season after a 19-point, 11-rebound night.
Final Score: Adrian 85, GLCC 61
Location: Adrian, Michigan (Merillat Sports and Fitness Center)
Records: Adrian (6-2), GLCC (2-14)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Adrian scored the first 15 points on 70% shooting to open the game before the Crusaders scored their first basket with 13:53 remaining in the first half. The Bulldog lead climbed to 17 (26-9) with 8:22 remaining in the opening 20 minutes. Lance Adams hit a three to cut Adrian to single digits, 26-17, with just under six minutes remaining in the half. The Bulldogs brought the lead back to double-digits, 32-17, after scoring six straight points, however, the Crusaders would cut the lead to nine, 38-29, by halftime.
The lead increased to 21, 56-35, with 15:02 left in regulation after a Sam Colbert put away a three-point jumper. Jeremy Kalonji hit back-to-back layups to give the Bulldogs a 59-35 lead with just over 14 and a half minutes to play. A Kas Oganowski three gave Adrian a 62-37 lead with 12:09 left in the second half.
Jordan Harris gave the Bulldogs their largest lead of the game, 37 points, after hitting a layup to put the score at 77-40 with 6:43 remaining.
Adrian went 31-63 (49.2%) from the floor, 8-22 (36.4%) from three, and 15-23 (65.2%) from the charity stripe. The Crusaders were 24-59 (40.7%) from the floor, 8-26 (30.8%) from beyond the arc, and 5-10 (50%) from the free throw line in the game.
• The Bulldogs are now 4-0 whenever Justin Websters registers a double-double this season.
• Jeremy Kalonji tallied his first double-double of the season with 17 points and 11 rebounds.
• Sam Colbert was 4-8 from three to contribute on offense with 14 points. He also hauled in five rebounds and two assists.
• Kas Oganowski also recorded 14 points on 4-6 shooting from beyond the arc while pulling down four boards.
• Jordan Harris scored 10 points on 5-11 shooting. He had four rebounds, two assists, and a steal.
• Tyree Keyes was 8-16 from the floor for a game-high 21 points in the game. He dished three assists and hauled in two rebounds as well.
• Lance Adams had 20 points. He shot 5-9 from three while pulling in five rebounds for the Crusaders.
• Brandyn Carpenter scored 10 points to help GLCC in the losing effort.
Adrian will travel to face Defiance on Monday, December 18. Tip-off is scheduled for 7:00 p.m., ET.