DEFIANCE, Ohio - The Adrian College men's basketball team won its fourth game in a row after a 76-66 win on the road against Defiance. Justin Webster led the Bulldogs once again with a 22-point, 12-rebound double-double--his fifth this season.
Final Score: Adrian 76, Defiance 66
Location: Defiance, Ohio (Weaner Center)
Records: Adrian (7-2), Defiance (3-6)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Bulldogs began the game on a 5-0 run sparked by a Tre'Shon Heard layup in the opening possession of the contest.
Heard would hit a three-point jumper with 14:58 remaining in the first half to give Adrian a 10-4 lead. Following a Yellow Jacket layup, Jared Sloop hit from beyond the arc for a 13-6 advantage with just over 14 minutes remaining.
The Bulldogs built a 20-9 advantage with 10:57 remaining in the opening half after Jeremy Kalonji hit a layup. The first half came to an end with Adrian in the lead by a score of 38-21.
The Bulldogs led throughout the rest of the game, eventually maintaining a double-digit lead for all of the second half.
Adrian shot 46.6% from the field, 31.6% from behind the arc, and 72.7% from the charity stripe in the win.
• Webster was 8-10 (80%) from the floor to lead the Bulldogs to the win.
• Heard tallied 17 points on 6-13 shooting. He also pulled down four boards, dished five assists, and three steals.
• Kalonji was the final Adrian player to score double-digit points (15)--also was 6-13 from the floor. He also had the second-most rebounds on the team with six and also had two blocks.
• Kiewuan Graham led the Yellow Jackets with 17 points. He was three assists away from a double-double.
• Demoines Whitney and Avion Franklin each tallied 14 points respectively. Whitney also pulled down 10 rebounds (double-double).
• Jordan Maschino scored 12 points and had nine rebounds.
Adrian will host Siena Heights on Thursday, December 28. The opening tip is scheduled for 7:00 p.m., ET.