ADRIAN, Mich. - The Adrian College men's basketball improved to 9-2 and extended its winning streak to six games with a 79-68 win over Earlham on Saturday afternoon. Jordan Harris led the Bulldogs with a career-high 26 points on 11-19 shooting from the floor.
Final Score: Adrian 79, Earlham 68
Location: Adrian, Michigan (Merillat Sports and Fitness Center)
Records: Adrian (9-2), Earlham (3-8)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Adrian lead for much of the opening 10 minutes of the first, building a 23-14 lead with 12:10 remaining. The Quakers then went on a 10-0 run to take their first lead of the game, 24-23, with 10:19 left on the clock before halftime.
The Bulldogs responded with a 7-0 run that was sparked by a good three-point jumper by Sam Colbert that gave Adrian a 30-24 advantage. With an eight-point deficit and only 6:21 left before the half, Earlham launched an 8-0 run that spanned 3:46 to tie the game at 34. Adrian scored five of the final nine points in the half to take a slim 39-38 lead into the locker room at the half.
The Bulldogs started the final 20 minutes scoring nine straight points that increased the lead to double digits for the first time in the game, 48-38. Adrian achieved its largest lead of the game with 10:30 remaining in regulation when Jeremy Kalonji hit a jumper from behind the arc to put the score at 62-47.
• Harris added six rebounds, four assists, and three steals to his stat line.
• Justin Webster scored 17 points and hauled in 14 boards for his sixth straight double-double (seventh this season). He also dished two assists, had one steal, and block two shots.
• Kalonji scored 17 points on 6-10 shooting and also pulled down two rebounds, one assist, one steal, and two blocks.
• Tre'Shon Heard tied a career-high 12 rebounds while scoring eight points and leading the team with five assists and two steals.
• Adrian went 28-62 (45.2) from the floor, 5-17 from three, and 18-26 from the free throw line.
• Earlham was lead in scoring by Elijah Wilson-Thomas (19), Darrell Hutchinson Jr. (16), and Austin Doliboa (14).
• Doliboa also had a team-high eight rebounds. Tarig Eldosougi and Alex Topalovic helped with six rebounds.
• Hutchinson Jr. and Jamel Barnes had a team-high four assists.
Adrian will begin the new year with its Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) home opener on Wednesday, January 3 when the team hosts Calvin. Tip-off is scheduled for 7:30 p.m., ET.