ALMA, Mich. - The Adrian College men's basketball team tied the game late but the Scots held on for the 73-66 win on Saturday night. Jeremy Kalonji led the Bulldogs in scoring for the second consecutive game with 22 points.
Final Score: Alma 73, Adrian 66
Location: Alma, Michigan (Art Smith Arena)
Records: Alma (6-11, 3-3 MIAA), Adrian (13-4, 4-2 MIAA)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Alma scored the game's first seven points on the way to a 27-13 lead. Adrian would cut the lead to just nine by the time both teams entered the locker rooms at halftime. The Scots 54.2% field goal percentage in the first half while holding the Bulldogs to only 34.6% from the floor were the key factors in the team obtaining the lead. Kalonji had a big first half, scoring 10 points on 4-7 shooting.
Adrian kept the deficit in single-digits until Keyon Rainey hit a jumper to tie the game for the first time at 46 with 12:08 left to play. The teams would trade baskets for to tie the score again at 48. The final tie happened with 7:49 remaining in regulation when Jordan Harris hit a three-point jumper to tie the game at 51.
The Scots would then go on a 7-0 run to push the lead to eight, 62-54, with just 3:51 left on the clock. The Bulldogs would cut the lead to four but failed to get any closer before the final buzzer signaled.
• Kalonji added one assist and one block to his stat-line.
• Justin Webster finished the game with 15 points and nine rebounds.
• Tre'Shon Heard tallied 14 points, four rebounds, and a team-high four assists in the losing effort.
• Kevin Scheibert led the Scots with 18 points and 12 rebounds.
• Ryan Stevens (14), Luke Lamoreaux (10), and Doug Bradfield also registered double-digit points.
• Stevens also had a game-high seven assists.
Adrian will look to bounce back on Wednesday, January 24, when the team hosts MIAA opponent Kalamazoo at 7:30 p.m., EST.