ADRIAN, MICH. - The Adrian College men's basketball team cruised to a convincing 65-46 win over Kalamazoo College at home on Wednesday night. Jordan Harris made four three-point jumpers to lead the Bulldogs with 18 points.
Final Score: Adrian 65, Kalamazoo 46
Location: Adrian, Michigan (Merillat Sports and Fitness Center)
Records: Adrian (14-4, 5-2 MIAA), Kalamazoo (6-12, 1-6 MIAA)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The two ties in the game happened in the opening 12 minutes of the game--the second coming with 8:15 remaining in the first half.
After a Hornet free throw gave them a 12-11 lead the Bulldogs went on a 6-0 run to regain the lead. Adrian ended the first half with an 11-2 run to take a 27-16 lead into the locker room at halftime.
The Bulldog dominated the second half eventually building a 27-point lead (61-34) with just 4:53 left in regulation. Harris was 3-4 from behind the arc in the second half and was a key factor in the Adrian lead.
• Harris led Adrian with four assists and three steals as well as points. He also added two rebounds.
• Tre'Shon Heard tallied 14 points, five rebounds, two assists, and two steals.
• Jeremy Kalonji added 12 points, four rebounds, and two blocks.
• Justin Webster registered 12 points, a team-high nine rebounds, three assists, and one steal.
• Cortiz Buckner added five points, one block, and one assist off the bench.
• Tanner Blyly led the Hornets with 17 points and seven rebounds.
• Jimmy Paprocki had 12 points, two blocks, and four rebounds.
Adrian hits the road on Saturday to face Calvin in Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) action. Tip-off is scheduled for 3:00 p.m., EST