Men’s Lacrosse team falls in Second Round of NCAA Tournament

Kilcoyne shot puts Adrian on the board in NCAA Second round
Kilcoyne shot puts Adrian on the board in NCAA Second round

Lancaster, PA – The Adrian College men's lacrosse team lost to undefeated No.2-ranked Dickinson College 20-7 in the second round of the NCAA division III tournament Saturday afternoon at Biddle Field.

After an impressive first-round win over Otterbein, the 14-4 Bulldogs faced a tougher opponent in the 18-0 Centennial Conference Red Devils.

The Bulldogs looked at their best in the early going of the contest.

It wasn't until about midway through the first quarter that Dickinson tallied the first two goals of the game in a seven-second span.

Adrian leading scorer Cody Kilcoyne got the Bulldogs on the board with under six minutes to go in the first with a hard shot from the center of the field from about 15 yards out.

Dickinson would convert twice more in the final five minutes of the first quarter for a 4-1 lead.

John Hudzinski would draw Adrian within a pair at 4-2 exactly one minute into the second quarter with his 30th goal of the season.

Each team traded a pair of goals for more than half of the second with Kilcoyne notching his 55th of the year to make it a 6-3 game.

Each team scored four goals in the final frame.

Drake Dailey-Chwalibog began the fourth quarter scoring with a nice shot from the left side that found the mid far side of the net for his 20th of the year to make it a 16-4 game.

Nathan Carroll and Tom Thielman scored in less than a three-minute span late in the fourth. Carroll's goal may have been the best for Adrian on the afternoon. He stepped into the middle of the field from about 20 yards away and pulled the trigger and delivered a laser. Thielman's  29th goal came from the right side about 10 yards out.

Carroll was also in on Adrian's final goal. He scooped up a loose groundball and quickly fed Hudzinski in front in the final minute.

Lerg had 14 saves for Adrian. Hanley made 11 saves for Dickinson and received the win, while Max Pawk had three saves in the fourth quarter.