ANGOLA, Ind. - The Adrian College men's soccer team capitalized in overtime to beat Trine 2-1 and earn the first win in Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) play.
Final Score: Trine 1, Adrian 2 - FINAL OT
Location: Angola, Ind. (Weaver Field)
Records: Trine (0-4-2, 0-2), Adrian (3-3, 1-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
First Half: Trine 1, Adrian 0
• Brandon Villanueva gave Trine the lead 1-0 in the 32nd minute of the game.
• Adrian outshot Trine 5-4 in the first half.
• The Bulldogs had four corner kicks in the first half. The Thunder only had one.
Second Half: Trine 1, Adrian 1
• Tad Davis scored his second goal of the season when he headed the ball past Trine goalkeeper Ian Jindrich to tie the game.
• Both teams finished regulation with seven shots on goal.
• Davis scored the only goal for the Bulldogs.
• Garret Miller led with three shots on goal. Dolan Bonkowskit and Davis each had two shots on goal for Adrian.
• Goalkeeper Spencer Brown finished the game with six saves while facing seven shots on goal.
• Villanueva scored the lone goal for Trine.
• Bill Wilson had three shots on goal to lead the Thunder.
• Jindrich finished with five saves while facing seven shots on goal.
• Adrian will look to carry the momentum into the next MIAA game on Wednesday, September 21 when they host Albion at 7:00 p.m.