OLIVET, Mich. - The Adrian College men's soccer team scored one goal and Olivet helped with an Own Goal in the first half and scored two goals in the second half to beat Olivet 4-0 on Saturday afternoon. This was the Bulldog's third straight clean sheet, fifth in the season.
Final Score: Adrian 4, Olivet 0
Location: Olivet, Mich. (Cutler Athletic Complex)
Records: Adrian (6-4-0, 4-2-0), Olivet (2-9-1, 2-3-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
First Half: Adrian 2, Olivet 0
• The lead would increase to 2-0 less than five minutes later when Olivet put the ball in its own net on an own goal.
• The Bulldogs outshot the Comets 13-9 in the first half (7-2 shots on goal in favor of Adrian).
Second Half: Adrian 4, Olivet 0
• Miller tallied his second assist in the game in the 74th minute to set up a Dayton Rush goal putting the Adrian lead to 3-0.
• Zach Combs scored an unassisted goal in the 84th minute to put the game away for the Bulldogs.
• Katona (four shots, one on goal), Rush (two shots, one on goal) and Combs (three shots, two on goal) each scored a goal for Adrian.
• Miller had both assists recorded in the game.
• Freshman goalkeeper Spencer Brown (W, 6-4) saved all eight shots that he faced on the way to his fifth clean sheet of the season (third most in MIAA).
• Michael Brait and Gregory Petty each had two shots on goal.
• Goalkeeper Nathan Weeks (L, 1-8-1) saved six of the 10 shots on goal he faced.
• The Bulldogs return home on Wednesday, October 5 when they host Alma at 7:00 p.m.