ADRIAN, Mich. - Alma scraped a 1-0 victory against the Adrian College men's soccer team on Wednesday night to end the Bulldogs three game winning streak.
Final Score: Alma 1, Adrian 0
Location: Adrian, Mich. (Docking Stadium)
Records: Adrian (6-5, 4-3), Alma (8-3-1, 4-2-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
First Half: Alma 1, Adrian 0
• Both teams started the game trying to play fast, however neither defense allowed for any good scoring opportunities.
• The game's only goal came in the 36th minute when Noah Canlas intercepted the ball after Adrian goalkeeper Spencer Brown (L, 6-4) attempted to kick the ball out of the box and put the ball into the far side of the net to give the Scots the 1-0 lead.
• Alma topped Adrian in first half shots 8-3 (4-0 in shots on goal).
• The best scoring chance for the Bulldogs came on a crossed ball into the box that was headed by Dolan Bonkowski and bounced off the crossbar in the 26th minute.
Second Half: Alma 1, Adrian 0
• The Bulldog defense tightened in the second half allowing Alma only two shot attempts, neither on goal.
• Adrian generated a few scoring chances in the second, but here unable to capitalize on any of them. The Bulldogs edged the Scots in shots 5-2 and tallied two shots on goal.
• Bonkowski registered both of Adrian's shots on goal
• Brown saved three of the four shots he faced in the net for the Bulldogs
• Canlas had the only goal for the game. He also had a game-high two shots on goal.
• Hebren Hein and Josh Carolan had one shot on goal each.
• Garrison Mast saved both shots he faced as the Scots goalkeeper.
• The Bulldogs host the team at the top of the MIAA standings in Calvin on Saturday, October 8 at 7:00 p.m.