ADRIAN, Mich. - Tad Davis was the difference for the Bulldogs scoring two goals in a 3-1 victory over the Trine Thunder on Tuesday night at Docking Stadium. The win has Adrian at 6-3 in conference play and tied for second in the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association standings with Albion.
Final Score: Adrian 3, Trine 1
Location: Adrian, Michigan (Docking Stadium)
Records: Adrian (8-5, 6-3), Trine (012-2, 0-9)
HOW IT HAPPENED
First Half: Adrian 2, Trine 0
• Davis put the Bulldogs on the board first with an unassisted goal in the eighth minute of the game.
• Mike Osorio would double Adrian's lead in the 32nd minute with an unassisted goal of his own, putting the ball in the net off the rebound of his own shot.
• The Bulldogs outshot the Thunder 8-5 in the first half (5-4 in shots on goal).
Second Half: Adrian 3, Trine 1
• Trine's Kyle Wainscott would cut the Adrian lead in half with a goal off the assist from Trey Waagen in the 56th minute.
• Davis would put the game away in the 70th minute, scoring his second goal of the game after he juked two defenders to gain entry into the box with only the keeper to beat and put the ball in the lower right of the net.
• The Bulldogs increased their shot total from the first half, outshooting Trine 15-4 in the second half (5-1 shots on goal).
• Davis scored one both of his shot attempts.
• Osorio scored once on a game-high four shot attempts (three on goal).
• Spencer Brown (W, 8-4) saved five of the six shots he faced.
• Wainscott scored the Thunder's lone goal and Waagen had the only assist in the game.
• Wainscott also let the team with four shot attempts, three on goal.
• Goalkeeper William Macedo (L, 0-9) saved seven of the 10 shots he faced.
• Adrian hits the road on Saturday, October 15 to face Albion at 4:00 p.m., in a game that will go a long way in determining which team will claim sole ownership of the second spot in the MIAA standings.