ADRIAN, Mich. - The Adrian College men's soccer team defeated Olivet 3-0 on Senior Night at Docking Stadium. The win puts the Bulldogs at 9-4 in conference play, the most MIAA wins in program history.
Final Score: Adrian 3, Olivet 0
Location: Adrian, Mich. (Docking Stadium)
Record: Adrian (11-6, 9-4)
HOW IT HAPPENED
First Half: Adrian 1, Olivet 0
• The Bulldogs edged the Comets in shots for the first half, 7-6 (3-2 in shots on goal).
Second Half: Adrian 3, Olivet 0
• Wesley Gensler would finish the scoring for the game in the 78th minute, scoring his first career goal to bring the Bulldog lead to 3-0.
• Adrian had 11 shots in the second half, Olivet had nine (4-3 shots on goal in favor of the Bulldogs).
• Katona (7), Cain (1) and Gensler (1) each scored for Adrian.
• Bonkowski (2) and Stanhope (1) each recorded one assist.
• Goalkeeper Spencer Brown (W, 11-6) saved all four shots he faced.
• Four Comets had one shot on goal each.
• Goalkeeper Nathan Weeks (L, 2-13) saved five of the eight shots he faced.
• The Bulldogs hold firm to the second spot in the MIAA standings with the win. Adrian's conference record is now 9-4.
• Olivet sits in sixth place with a conference of 3-8-2.
• Adrian finishes the regular season traveling to Alma on Saturday, October 29 at 2:30 p.m. The game will decide which team earns the second spot in the MIAA standings and the right to host a semi-final game in the MIAA tournament on Thursday, November 3, 2016.