ALMA, Mich. - Alma scored in the first half and held on the rest of the way to earn the 1-0 victory over the Adrian College men's soccer team. The win grants Alma home-field advantage for the semi-final round of the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association Tournament on Thursday, November 3.
Final Score: Alma 1, Adrian 0
Location: Alma, Mich. (Scotland Yard)
Records: Adrian (11-7-0, 9-5-0), Alma (13-5-1, 9-4-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
First Half: Alma 1, Adrian 0
- Kyle Kansman scored on a penalty shot in the 33rd minute to give the Scots a 1-0 lead.
- Both teams were even in shots, 6-6, and shots on goal (3-3).
Second Half: Alma 1, Adrian 0
- The Bulldogs increased the pressure in the second half, outshooting the Scots 6-4 (2-1 in shots on goal).
- Goalkeeper Spencer Brown (L, 11-6) saved three of the four shots he face.
- Kansman scored the game's only goal.
- Hebren Hein, Kyle Farmer and Josh Carolan along with Kansman had one shot on goal.
- Nick Strait (W, 10-4-1) saved all five shots he faced in the net for the Scots.
- With the win, Alma finishes the season with 28 points for second place in the league standings and Adrian finishes with 27 points and third place.
- Adrian will travel back to Alma to face the Scots in the semi-final round of the MIAA Tournament on Thursday, November 3 at 7:00 p.m. The winner will face the winner of the other semi-final game at Calvin.