ALMA, Mich. - For the third time this season the Alma Scots won a close victory over the Adrian Bulldogs. This time they won 1-0 in the semifinal round of the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association tournament.
Final Score: Alma 1, Adrian 0 - FINAL/OT
Location: Alma, Michigan (Scotland Yard)
Records: Adrian (11-8, 9-5), Alma (14-5-1, 9-4-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
First Half: Alma 0, Adrian 0
• Both teams were even in the first half, attempting four shots, one on goal.
• The Bulldogs edged the Scots 3-1 in corner kicks in the half.
Second Half: Adrian 0, Alma 0
• Alma attempted eight shots in the second half, 12 total for regulation. Adrian attempted five shots, nine total.
• Both teams finished the second half with three shots on goal. Both teams had multiple chances to put the ball in the net, but both goalkeepers made saves down the stretch.
Overtime: Alma 1, Adrian 0
• With 6:24 left on the clock in the overtime period, Alma's Kyle Farmer scored off a blocked shot to give the Scots the 1-0 victory.
• Goalkeeper, Spencer Brown (L, 11-7) saved three of the four shots on goal he faced.
• Farmer scored the game's lone goal. Three other Alma players recorded a single shot on goal.
• Goalkeeper, Nick Strait (W, 11-4-1) saved all four shots he faced.
• With the win, the Scots advance to face Calvin on Saturday for the MIAA Championship.
• Adrian finishes the season with a record of 11-8 overall and 9-5 in the conference.