ADRIAN, Mich. - The Adrian College men's soccer team fell 2-0 to Marietta on Sunday afternoon at Docking Stadium.
Final Score: Marietta 2, Adrian 0
Location: Adrian, Michigan (Docking Stadium)
Records: Marietta (3-0), Adrian (1-2)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The game was physical from the opening whistle until the final whistle. Both teams had chances in the first half but failed to put the ball in the net. Marietta and Adrian each had six shot attempts in the first 45. The Pioneers had two shots on goal; the Bulldogs had one.
Marietta broke the tie in the 63rd minute when Brent Huck scored on a header from a corner kick by teammate Noah Laliberty. Josh Baskind would score an unassisted goal in the 77th minute to give the Pioneers a 2-0 cushion with just over 10 minutes remaining in regulation.
Marietta edged Adrian in shots (12-10), saves (5-2), and corner kicks (8-2).
• Brandon Katona (junior, Detroit, Mich.) attempted five shots (3 on goal) to lead the Adrian offense.
• Mark Proctor (senior, Barrie, Ontario) had two shots (one on goal).
• Shayan Shushtari (senior, Rochester Hills, Mich.) had the best look for the Bulldogs as his shot went off the crossbar and bounced over the net.
• Huck and Baskind scored on their lone shots for the day.
• Laliberty tallied the game's only assist.
• Goalkeeper Tyler Sholl (W, 2-0) saved all five shots he faced.
Adrian will wrap up its four game home stand with a MIAA home opening match versus Olivet on Wednesday, September 13. Kick off is scheduled for 7:00 p.m., ET.