ALBION, Mich. - The Adrian College men's soccer team won 2-1 on the road against Albion. Garrett Miller scored both goals for the Bulldogs in the win. It was Miller's first game-winning goal of the season.
Final Score: Adrian 2, Albion 1
Location: Albion, Michigan (Davis Athletic Complex)
Records: Adrian (7-5-2, 6-3-2 MIAA), Albion (5-7-3, 2-7-2 MIAA)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Albion outshot Adrian 7-5 (2-1 shots on goal) in a scoreless first half. Miller scored his first goal to break the deadlock in the 49th minute.
Dakota Clapper responded with the tying goal in the 51st minute. Miller scored his second goal--the eventual game-winner--in the 56th minute to regain the lead for the Bulldogs.
Adrian had the advantage in shots in the second half 7-3 and 12-10 for the whole game. The Bulldogs also edged the Britons 5-3 in shots on goal as well as earning a 5-1 decision in corner kicks.
• Miller scored on two of his three shot attempts in the contest.
• Dolan Bonkowski also had three shot attempts for the night.
• Spencer Brown (W, 4-2-2) saved two of the three shots he faced.
• Clapper had three shot attempts (two on goal) and scored once.
• Aaron Smit tallied three shot attempts (one on goal).
• Clapper and Smit were the only Britons to record a shot on goal.
• Maximillian Loria (L, 5-7-3) saved two of the four shots he faced.
Adrian will look to extend its current win streak to two when the team travels to Alma on Saturday, October 21. Kickoff is scheduled for 2:30 p.m., ET.