WILMINGTON, Ohio – The Adrian College men's soccer team dropped the opening game of the Kiwanis Classic on Friday, Sep. 7 to Denison, by a score of 2-0.
Final Score: Denison 2, Adrian 0
Location: Wilmington, Ohio (Townsend Field)
Records: Denison 1-2 (0-0 NCAC), Adrian 1-1 (0-0 MIAA)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Denison's first goal came in the 27th minute when Braden Adamson was able to use his head to redirect the ball into the net. Adamson was able to place his header into the top left corner of the goal for the 1-0 lead.
The Big Red doubled their lead just seven minutes later when Luke Summers found the back of the net in the 34th minute. Summers received a low cross and was able to rattle the ball home off the far post and in for the final goal of the match.
Denison was awarded a penalty late in the first half, giving it a chance to extend the lead to three before the break. The Big Red were denied by Adrian keeper Spencer Brown making a diving save to his left to keep the deficit at two.
• Junior Garrett Miller led the Bulldogs with five shots and three on net.
• Senior Zachary Roller also added two shots, with both going on net.
• Brown played all 90 minutes in goal and made four saves on the day.
• Braden Adamson and Luke Summers netted the Big Red's goals.
• Lucas Lilley and Leo Herard each picked up an assist.
• Goalkeeper Dylan Brown stopped all five shots that were on net.
• "I thought we played really well for the first 25-30 minutes but we couldn't get one to go. Credit to Denison for hanging around and getting two goals." - Head Coach Ryan McDonald
• "We can't let good teams hang around. We have to get past this and go again tomorrow. We have another great opportunity to get after it again tomorrow." - Head Coach Ryan McDonald
The Bulldogs wrap up the Kiwanis Classic tomorrow, with a game against Kenyon at 5 p.m.
#GoBulldogs | #BulldogProud | #GoDawgs