ADRIAN, Mich. – The Adrian College men's tennis team blanked Bethel (Ind.) for its first win of the season.
Final Score: Adrian 9, Bethel 0
Location: Adrian, Mich. (Craft Tennis Complex)
Records: Adrian 1-1, Bethel 1-7
- Senior Nathan Waterbury led the Bulldogs in the victory, posting a win in first singles and paired to win first doubles. In singles action Waterbury beat out his counterpart in two sets, 6-1, 6-3. He then paired with freshman Tanner Wilcox in doubles.
- Wilcox won his second-slotted singles match 6-0 and 6-2. The duo of Waterbury and Wilcox won doubles 8-4 for their third combined team point.
- At third singles senior Kyle Haines took down his Pilot in two sets, winning both 6-1. Haines also was victorious at second doubles, partnered with underclassman Cameron Rafinski. The duo also downed the Bethel opposition 8-4.
- On his own Rafinshki won his fourth-slotted singles matchup by scores of 6-1 and 6-2.
- Jovanni Wagner-Payne and Ryan Cuddy both blanked their opponents in the fifth and sixth singles slots.
- Cuddy would later combine with Ronald Ducharme to seal the deal in third doubles. The pairing took the final match point with a score of 8-1.
Adrian College at 4 p.m. on Thursday as it hosts Heidelberg for its last home contest of Fall 2019.
#BulldogProud #GoDawgs #GDTBAB