ADRIAN, Mich. - Kevin Curley had a match-high 14 kills, but the Bulldogs were defeated by Mount St. Joseph in three-straight sets (25-16, 25-18, 25-23) on Friday night.
Final Score: Mount St. Joseph 3, Adrian 0 (25-16, 25-18, 25-23)
Location: Adrian, Michigan (Merillat Sports and Fitness Center)
Records: Mount St. Joseph (8-2, 4-1), Adrian (2-5, 2-5)
HOW IT HAPPENED
First Set: MSJ 25, AC 16 (MSJ 1-0)
• The Lions used a .346 hitting percentage in the opening set to pull out a 25-16 win for a quick 1-0 lead.
• The Bulldogs had a team hitting percentage of .088 for the first set.
Second Set: MSJ 25, AC 18 (MSJ 2-0)
• Much like the second set, Mount St. Joseph was able to hold onto the lead and gain a 25-18 second set win and a 2-0 lead in the match.
• The Lions had a .250 hitting percentage for the set; Adrian hit .067.
Third Set: MSJ 25, AC 23 (MSJ 3-0)
• The Bulldogs came back from a ten point deficit in the third set to pull within one point, 24-23, but Mount St. Joseph was able to earn the final point for a 25-23 set and match point.
• With the score 17-7, Adrian scored six-straight points to cut the lead to four points, 17-13.
• The Bulldogs (.167) outhit the Lions (.111) for the first time in the match during the third.
• Curley added four digs and a block assist to his team-high 14 kills for the match.
• Noah Marcinkowski had eight kills, one service ace, one dig and one block assist for Adrian.
• Eduardo Aleman contributed five kills and five digs in the losing effort.
• Joseph Campana paced the Bulldogs with 34 assists.
• Adam Williams had a team-high seven kills.
• Nathan Herdeman set the tone offensively with 25 assists.
• Joey Piazza led the Lion defense with nine digs.
• Adrian hosts Benedictine (Ill.) tomorrow at 1:00 p.m.