CINCINNATI, Ohio - The Adrian College men's volleyball team took set two from Mount St. Joseph, but fell in four sets to the Lions on Friday night in the Harrington Center. Noah Marcinkowski and Kevin Curley led the Bulldogs offensively with 17 kills.
Final Score: Mount St. Joseph 3, Adrian 1 (25-23, 20-25, 25-21, 26-24)
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio (Harrington Center)
Records: Mount St. Joseph (14-3), Adrian (3-12)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• The first set stayed close throughout with the score never being further than a few points apart. The Lions were able to pull out the win in set one, 25-23, to take a 1-0 lead.
• Adrian was able to jump out to a small lead at the end of the second set to earn a 25-20 win in the set to tie the score at 1-1.
• Mount St. Joseph retook the lead, 2-1, following a 25-21 set three win.
• The Bulldogs pushed set four to extra points but weren't able to pull out a win, falling to the Lions 26-24 to end the match.
• Curley and Marcinkowski tied for a match-high 17 kills. Curley also contributed seven digs.
• Eduardo Aleman recorded 10 kills and 10 digs in the losing effort.
• Joseph Campana registered a match-high 48 assists to set the tone for the Adrian offense. He also tallied nine digs and two block assists.
• Avery Johnson contributed eight kills, one solo block, and two block assists.
• Brett Cooper led the Lions with 16 kills.
• Andrew Chrisholm had 10 kills and three block assists.
• Nathan Herdeman had a team-high 41 assists to pace the offense.
• Joey Piazza led defensively with eight digs.
• Adrian remains on the road to take on Wittenberg on Saturday, March 11. The match is scheduled for a 2:00 p.m. start time.