NAPERVILLE, Ill. - The Adrian College men's volleyball team lost both matches in Naperville, Illinois on Saturday afternoon. The Bulldogs faced host North Central (Ill.) first, falling 3-0 to the Cardinals. Adrian finished the day with a 3-1 loss to Mount Mercy. Kevin Curley led the Bulldogs in game one with 11 kills and Avery Johnson led in game two with 22.
Final Scores: Game 1: North Central 3, Adrian 0 (25-12, 25-21, 25-13); Game 2: Mount Mercy 3, Adrian 1 (17-25, 26-24, 25-19, 25-21)
Location: Naperville, Illinois (Gregory Arena)
Records: North Central 10-6, 6-4), Adrian (3-16, 2-13), Mount Mercy (2-20)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• North Central won the first three sets to cruise to a 3-0 victory.
• The Bulldogs had a negative hitting percentage in two of the three sets played.
• The Cardinals had .281, .222, and .348 hitting percentages in the match.
• Adrian jumped out to a 1-0 lead, winning the first set 25-17.
• The Mustangs evened things up, squeaking by to win the second set, 26-24.
• Mount Mercy would win the third and fourth sets to clinch the 3-1 victory.
• The Bulldogs had .324, .250, .132, and .121 hitting percentages in the match.
• Curley added nine digs and an assist to his team-high 11 kills.
• Joseph Campana registered 20 assists to set the tone offensively.
• Eduardo Aleman had six kills and a block assists in the losing effort.
• Johnson had 22 kills and 10 digs to lead the Bulldogs in game two.
• Joseph Campana paced Adrian with 43 assists.
• Daniel Contreras and Curley each had 12 digs.
• Brendan Crawford had a team-high 10 kills.
• Michael Trunzo led the way with 17 assists.
• Bozhidar Kolev contributed 10 digs.
• Justin Curtis had three block assists and one solo block.
• Nikola Stoimenov had 22 kills and 13 digs to lead the team.
• Bobby Muller tallied 36 assists.
• Dalton Hynek, Strahil Svilenski, and Oscar Anderson had five block assists.
• Adrian will host Siena Heights and UC Merced on Thursday, March 30 in a tri-match. The first match is with the Saints and is scheduled for a 4:00 p.m. start.