ADRIAN, Mich. - The Adrian College men's volleyball team fell to Fontbonne in three sets in a crosstown home match at the Siena Heights Fieldhouse on Friday night. Noah Marcinkowski had a team-high 10 kills (.148) to lead the Bulldogs attack in the losing effort.
Final Score: Fontbonne 3, Adrian 0 (25-18, 25-19, 25-17)
Location: Adrian, Michigan (Siena Heights Fieldhouse)
Records: Fontbonne (1-0), Adrian (0-3)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Fontbonne took an early 12-7 lead in the first set. Adrian was able to cut the deficit to two points on two occasions (17-15 & 19-17) but the Griffins used a 6-1 run to finish the opening set with a win and a 1-0 lead.
The second set was all Fontbonne as the Griffins continued to build on an early lead and pull out the six-point win, 25-19, and put Adrian on the ropes with a 2-0 set lead.
The score remained close through the first part of the third set with the Griffins holding the slimmest of margins, 13-12, before scoring 10 of the next 12 points to jump out to a 23-14 lead before closing out the match with 25-17 set-three victory.
• Marcinkowski had the second-highest hitting percentage for the Bulldogs (.148) while adding two service aces, five digs, and two blocks (1 solo, 1 assist) to his stat line.
• Kevin Curley finished the match with seven kills, one assist, and five digs.
• Joseph Campana paced the Bulldog offense with 23 assists. He also contributed defensively with eight digs and two block assists.
• Kyle Bell led the defense with nine digs. He also registered two assists to help the Adrian attack.
• Brendon Schwartze had match-highs in kills (11) and digs (15) to lead the Griffins.
• Jacob Lendy (22) and Kyler van Rossum-O'Connell (12) led the team in assists.
• Emir Hadzisalihovic totaled six blocks while teammate Josh Farley had three to lead the match in that category.
Adrian will host Greenville Saturday morning at 10:00 a.m., ET, at the Merillat Sports and Fitness Center.