THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. – The Adrian College men's volleyball team dropped its second match in the Cal-Lu-Fornia Invitational on Friday, March 8, falling to UC Santa Cruz in three sets. The match was close in each set, with five points being the largest margin of victory in any set for the Banana Slugs.
Final Score: UC Santa Cruz 3, Adrian 0 (26-24, 25-20, 25-21)
Location: Thousand Oaks, Calif. (Soiland Gym)
Records: AC 11-7, UCSC 11-14
HOW IT HAPPENED
The first set was the closest set in the match, with Adrian forcing UC Santa Cruz to win more than the necessary 25 points to win. The Bulldogs were up 22-20 but were unable to close the set out, falling 26-24.
UC Santa Cruz took the second set 25-20, the largest margin of victory in a set in the match. The Banana Slugs did it with impressive hitting, connecting at a .444 clip.
Adrian wasn't able to take the third set, and fell to UCSC 25-21 to close out the match in three sets.
• Freshman Tedrick Gula led the offense with 10 kills.
• Junior setter Joseph Campana had 29 assists in the match, pushing him over the 2,000 mark for his career.
• Raymond Cascio had 17 kills to pace UC Santa Cruz's offense.
• Matthew Nealon picked up 38 assists.
• Nealon led the Banana Slugs with 11 digs and Justin Fortner had seven block assists.
Adrian plays again on Friday, March 8, facing off with No. 15 Rivier at 7 p.m.
#GoBulldogs | #ACMV | #Culture19 | #BulldogBall