DUBUQUE, Iowa – The Adrian College men's volleyball team suffered its first conference loss of the season with a three-set decision to Loras College on Saturday, March 16. The match was the first of two the Bulldogs will play at the Loras Athletic and Wellness Center on Saturday.
Final Score: Loras 3, Adrian 0 (25-19, 25-20, 25-17)
Location: Dubuque, Iowa (Loras Athletic and Wellness Center)
Records: AC 13-10 (2-1 MCVL), Loras 16-4 (3-1 MCVL)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Loras took control of the match early on, opening a seven-point lead in the first set. The Duhawks hit .333 in the first set, their lowest percentage of the match, on the way to a 25-19 victory in the set.
The Duhawks opened another large lead in the second set but Adrian was able to fight to stay in the set, pulling within two points at 16-18. Loras got hot once again and was able to put the set away 25-20 to take a 2-0 lead in the match.
Adrian stayed close with Loras in the beginning of the third set, not letting the Duhawks take a lead larger than four and trailing by two, 16-18 once again. But then Loras ended the match in a hurry, going on a 7-1 run to take the final set 25-17 and the match 3-0.
• Junior Noah Marcinkowski was the only Bulldog with double-digit kills, finishing with 10 in the match.
• Junior setter Joseph Campana picked up 22 assists.
• Junior Kevin Curley led the defensive effort with nine digs.
• Grant Ooms led Loras's offense with 16 kills while Mihajlo Gomez had 13.
• Patrick Hollander had 27 assists in the match.
• Ooms led the Duhawks' defense with nine digs.
Adrian plays again in Dubuque, Iowa today, with a 3 p.m. match with North Park.
#GoBulldogs | #ACMV | #Culture19 | #BulldogBall