ANGOLA, Ind. – The Adrian College women's hockey team shutout the Trine Thunder 4-0 on the road on Saturday, Nov. 10. The win is the Bulldogs' third consecutive shutout.
Final Score: No. 6 Adrian 4, Trine 0
Location: Angola, Ind. (Thunder Ice Arena)
Records: Adrian 4-1 (3-0 NCHA), Trine 3-2 (2-1 NCHA)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Adrian opened the scoring with 2:18 remaining in the first period on the powerplay. Freshman Julia Barrett scored the first goal of her career, while junior forward Jacquelin White and senior defender Shelly Czarnowczan picked up the assists.
Neither team could find the back of the net in the second period, but the Bulldogs made up for it by scoring three goals in the third. It was special teams making the difference again, 4:21 into the final frame when junior forward Brianna Buchanan scored a shorthanded goal. Czarnowczan and senior captain Tory Harshman picked up the helpers on the shorty. Adrian's next goal would come with 3:33 remaining in regulation when senior forward Kortney Diaz scored with assists from Buchanan and Czarnowczan to make it 3-0 Bulldogs. The Black and Gold would round out the scoring with one second remaining on the clock, as freshman forward Annalise Andrews scored her first goal of her career with an assist from sophomore forward Brooke Schembri.
• Barrett, Buchanan, Diaz, and Andrews scored for the Bulldogs, with Barrett and Andrews scoring the first goals of their careers.
• White, Czarnowczan, Harshman, Buchanan, and Schembri added assists, including Czarnowczan notching a playmaker with three apples.
• Sophomore goaltender Kate Turner only needed to make nine saves in the shutout victory.
• Eryn Isaacson and Olivia Coyne led the Thunder with two shots on goal.
• Molly Scarborough had a busy night in goal, making 52 saves in the loss.
The Bulldogs wrap-up the series with the Thunder at home on Sunday, Nov. 11 at 3 p.m.
#GoBulldogs | #BulldogProud | #GoDawgs